You can also tap the ?My Location? icon to get your current location. Now Press and hold the place until a red pin appears, but the point shouldn?t have another label already present.
Scroll to get your GPS coordinates and the address.
You can tap and copy the details. It can now be shared with your friends. You can also paste it in the search box.
If Google Maps is not on your phone, you can easily download and install it.
Finding Coordinates using your computer using Google Maps
You can use Google Maps on your computer to find latitude and longitude of a place or use the known coordinates to search for a place. Follow this procedure to find out more:
- Go to Google Maps on your computer and type coordinates (if known) in the search box.
- The users are allowed to enter values in many formats like Degree, minutes, and Seconds or Degrees and decimal minutes or Decimal degrees.
- Now a pin will show up at your coordinates.
In case you want to know the coordinates of a location, follow these steps:
- Open Google Maps. (If you open Google Maps Lite Mode such as in a mobile browser, you will find a lightning bolt at the bottom. In this case, you will not get the latitude and longitude of a place).
- Next, you have to right-click on the location on the map.
- Now click on ?What?s here?? You will get a card at the bottom with exact coordinates.
There are many other geolocation apps, too, other than Google Maps such as Here location services, Bizzy, Waze, and Glympse. You can download them according to your device compatibility. These new apps are easy for searching and sharing coordinates.