A Look at Some of Those Crazy Diacritical Marks

Doodads, thingamajigs, and whatchamacallits.

Photo by saskia fairfull on Unsplash

Diacritical marks: English uses them only rarely, but in other languages like French and German they are common. Diacritical marks are those dots, lines, and swoops that appear above, below, and occasionally even beside certain letters in words.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *