Read it now.
One of the most sane and apt decisions you can make for yourself is to strive towards continuous self-development.
Some of the things that we all want for ourselves include: enhancing the quality of our lives, achieving more, becoming better people, and trying to be a better version of ourselves. That?s why we set personal development goals in our lives.
Listed below are 21 personal development goals example that will aid and augment your personal growth journey into a happier more confident you.
- Embrace Empathy. Empathy is about objectively comprehending differing perspective which in turn provides a wealth of insight into your own perspective.
- Confidence. Studies have revealed that an individual?s IQ is not the most important component for success. Instead, the following three factors are considered to be much more important than intelligence in determining success: self-confidence, goal setting, and perseverance. And individual?s self esteem, or your self-confidence, is basically what he or she thinks about himself or herself. One of the reasons for boosting your self-confidence is that there is a strong association between confidence and success. Hence, one of your self-development goals should definitely to to boost your self-confidence.
- Listen Actively. Actively learn to pay attention and demonstrate to others that you truly value their opinions and what they have to say. Choose active listening, open-ended question, with supporting body language, and remove any distractions that impede with your ability to listen.
- Make fear your friend. To eliminate fear, you have to first be exposed to fear allow yourself to feel afraid and expose yourself to it. Once you are comfortable with the ambiguity and uncertainly of the situation, you can start working your way through it in a calm rational manner.
- Improve your body language. Your body language is nothing but non-verbal communication which includes the gestures and movements you project. Research has proved that the correct body language can help you connect effectively with others and convey your message across more efficiently. It conveys your assertiveness, confidence, and perseverance. In fact, certain body postures can also help to improve your performance.
- Get along with others. You must always look for means to create rapport with others. However, you need to be honest and your primary objective should not be to manipulate others, rather your should learn the ways through which you can relate and get along well with others.
- Get along with yourself. Getting along with yourself is a precursor to getting along with others. You must learn to appreciate and accept your skills, experience, philosophies, aspirations, and limitations. This healthy focus and more grounded you, is inspirational and charismatic.
- Stop procrastinating. You need to understand that procrastination is not a character trait, but rather a habit. Since it is a habit, it is 100% possible for you to unlearn it just as you have learnt the habit. Strive to utilize time is the most effective manner and avoid procrastination by all means.
- Wake up Early. Develop the habit to get up early. The age old proverb which says: ?Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise!? has been coined owing to the multiple benefits of an early riser. Some of these include: watching and enjoying the sun rise, do some early morning exercise for your fitness, being able to work on a project just because it?s important to you before the day officially gets started, and so on. In addition, studies show that early rises are happier, healthier, and more productive than their late rising counterparts.
- Become more proactive. Inculcate the habit of proactiveness. Some of the traits of proactive people are :- They consider themselves to be the creators of their lives.- They don?t consider themselves to be victims of external conditions.- They don?t allow other to determine their fate.- The take ownership of the responsibility for the results the they get.
- Master the art of conflict resolution. Conflict is a part and parcel of life. The key is to develop the skill of conflict resolution. If you posses the ability to resolve conflicts rationally and settle disputes amicably, it will certainly make more successful and happy.
- Let go of the past. One of the biggest hindrances to personal growth is holding on to the past. In order to be happy in the true sense of the term, it is very important to be in the present. So, you must learn to release the ghosts of the past and clear skeletons from the cupboard.
- Read more. Read often. Nothing is more powerful than the treasure of knowledge and the way to acquire this treasure is to read as much as you can. Research has proved that acquiring new knowledge satisfies an individual?s thirst for competence, which makes them eventually happier. You must develop the habit of reading books that will help you to acquire new skills and as well as to polish your existing skills.
- Become more resilient. Resilience is the innate ability to overcome and kind of adversity . It is the difference between feeling helpless and facing your problems confidently and bravely. You must always learn how to bounce back from any kind of problem; it will only help you to emerge as a stronger individuals.
- Manage stress effectively. Too much stress can land you up in distress. It impacts not your physical health but also your mental and emotional health. You must know how to effectively manage stress. There are a lot of stress management techniques available these days. So all you need to develop is the willingness to fight stress. Finding the means to tackle stress is not a challenge these days with help available at the click of a mouse.
- Ignore your limitations. Limiting beliefs hinders your progress by keeping you caught up in your comfort zone and prevents you from trying out new things and stops you from tacking risks for the fear of failure or getting hurt in the process. You can have limiting beliefs about almost anything ranging from money, relationship, success, and the list is endless. It is important to identify your limiting beliefs, conquer them, and reinstate them with positive beliefs that enable you to achieve your dreams in life.
- Share yourself. Become a teacher and share your time, feedback, opinions knowledge and skills. The transfer of knowledge and skills not only benefits the other person but the process it self reinforces the neural pathways of what you know taking you closer to mastery.
- Increase your willpower. Harbouring a strong will power enhances your finances, your health, your relationship, your professional success, and all other areas of your life. Irrespective of the goals that you have set for yourself, you need willpower in order to attain them.
- Become more mindful. Strive to become more mindful. It helps you to acknowledge the abundance and the benefits that is already a part of your lives. Instead of spending time thinking about the past which you have no idea of how it is going to be, you must learn to live in the present and enjoy the moments.
- Make better decisions. Develop the habit to make better decisions in life. The choices or the decisions that you make determines the life that you will eventually lead. Your decisions share your life, so it;s all the more important that the better decisions you make, the better your life is likely to be.
- Work on your growth mindset. Your attitude defines who you are as a person and it the identification point of the state of your mind. You must constantly work on your attitude and strive to make it one conducive for growth. A positive mental attitude can move mountains for you. It helps you to achieve what your want from life.
The above mentioned personal development goals have been listed so that you are able to life of your dreams by setting achievable personal goals that make you a better person. So, it?s never too late.
This article before published in EmployeConnect.com.